Friday, October 30, 2009

MY RODEO STORY

HI MY NAME IS LAKEN ELIZABETH CAULEY AND THIS IS MY RODEO STORY.

My name is Thunder. My owner's name is Laken. She feeds and takes care of me. Sometimes she rides me. We even rode in the grand entry at the Foreman rodeo. Friday night was fine, but Saturday wasn't very good.

I didn't want to mind, and Laken's cousin, Cara, was on the back of the saddle. I got spooked by the speakers and took off running down through the arena when we were supposed to go out. Then Cara was sliding off the back end, she accidentally put her foot in my flank. I started bucking and running, throwing off my riders. Cara fell off first, doing flips and turns, landing face-first in the dirt.

Laken fell off next. She couldn't get me to stop and didn't want to land in a worse spot than on the ground [which happens to be under my hoofs]. She dropped the reigns and let go of the saddle horn. She fell off with a groan and I had the whole set of stands entertained! (Which my riders think was my goal in the first place.) Landon, who was riding Lilly, saw the reigns dragging and neither rider on. He jumped off and went to check on Laken.

Cara, very much helping my plan, made the whole scene look dramatic. Sort of. She called Laken over and grabbed my reigns. She got a hold of Landon's arm as he went by. She gave him the reigns to Lilly, my best friend, and walked by the rodeo clown who was leading me. It wasn't by choice, I was excited and dancing around, so he took my reigns from her. I was huffing and puffing with anticipation.

I love rodeo's, Laken [my owner], Cara [one of my friends], Lilly [my BEST friend], Landon [a crazy guy], and the whole sport of being a horse.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, very exciting. TOO exciting for me! I'm so glad no one was hurt.
    Great story, Laken.
    Good example of the literary device called anthromorphism.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropomorphism

    ReplyDelete